Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thing 5: Flickr





I've enjoyed looking at photos on Flickr for some time now.

I want to give full credit to the person who took this photo, found after a search for the items under "Cerrillos, NM". It was done by Oceandesetoiles. Here is a link to the picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ocean_of_stars/2550067047/sizes/s/

I searched for many photos and found many I liked, but the many of them were copyrighted "All Rights Reserved." The above photo was marked "Some Rights Reserved," meaning I could share it if I wanted to. I'm glad, because I like it.

I've struggled with the concept of stealing bandwidth. If you click on the "add image" icon in the "Compose" section of your window and then on "Learn more about using web images," there is an explanation. It includes the following: ". . . you shouldn't use an image location that is hosted at someone else's expense without their permission. . . because every time your blog loads, the image is loaded from their server, and this person likely incurs an expense." I'm not sure if I'm using the above image correctly. I saved it to my desktop and then took it from there using the
"add image" icon. If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it.




In the meantime, here is a picture that I put on my own Flickr account a while back. I got the text in there using a drawing program.

BTW, one of my favorite features on Flickr is the World Map. Go anywhere in the world, and look at the pictures that have been uploaded from that area. You might see some guy showing off his newest piercing, but you may also see some unique perspectives on a particular place.

No comments: